Sunday, March 11, 2007

Em's new do

Have you ever had one of those days? One of those days when the feeling just creeps up on you? Something's not quite right.  Something needs to change.

You're feeling restless. You're feeling a little weighed down. Ok, maybe even feeling, dare I say it, a little old.

Maybe it was the Moldovan lady that said,"Why don't you dye your hair? You look OLD!" (People can be pretty blunt here.) Or maybe it was all the other American girls that I was with who are 10 years younger than me and they were all doing it.

It's been over a year since the last time I did it. I've been avoiding it, because honestly, you just never know what will happen!  Whatever moved me, this weekend I went ahead and took the plunge...

I cut my hair.

Was it traumatic? Yes.
Was the language barrier a problem? Quite possibly.
Was it all that I hoped and more? Definitely not.
Does it look cute? Of course, it's ME we're talking about.
Will I live, and learn to love my hair again? Most certainly.

Will I ever go back to that over-priced salon that serves coffee to their clients but DOESN'T listen to what they want, that only seems to know one hairstyle, and when it's (a lot) of MY time and MY money (more than I care to admit for a haircut in Moldova) on the line? HECK NO!

But just to show you that it was only my peace of my mind and my routine that was momentarily squashed, and not my FABULOUS good looks (nor my ego evidently,) here are a couple of pics of me and the other perpetrators.

Emily's new doMicha's new doSteph's new doThe cup of coffee

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Emily!

Well I would have to say that you had a very good photographer or something 'cause you look great! Most sophisticated.

Cutting ones hair must be a bit of a trama when it is as great of hair as your's. You appear to get that from your mama huh.

Have you hard from them? Are they back from Florida?

Has the package made it?

today I jumped off the bridge and bought the 1/4th share of the C-180. I wi ll look forward to giving you a ride when you return!

Got to go

Blue Skies
ERic and Stanley

Tue Mar 13, 07:37:00 AM 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Em, This is your mother, and I think you are beautiful, of course! I love your new hairdo!!

Tue Mar 20, 10:32:00 AM 2007  
Blogger *bridgett* said...

well, i'm sorry you were peer pressured into a new 'do by surly babas, but...i think it looks FABULOUS! super cute!

bridgett

Thu Mar 22, 09:00:00 AM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home