Sunday, October 08, 2006

Changing of the guard

Fall has always been my favorite season and now it is a beautiful autumn here, like we don't get much of in Redding. There are golden leaves, nippy air, but warm sunshine. And best of all, there is harvest of just about everything. Especially grapes.

If I was a regular housewife, I don't know how much I would love this season, because everyone is putting up hundreds of jars of conserves. And it's a LOT of work! My host mom is roasting peppers and eggplants, pickling cucumbers and tomatoes, canning boiled tomatoes, carrots, sweet and hot peppers with honey and garlic.

But as my job mostly entails coming and going to work and admiring the wonderful smells, I have to say that this is my favorite season so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home