Saturday, October 21, 2006

October Santas

Wow! Just when things were threatening to settle into a routine...sending me into a fit of the blues...Jesus went and moved Christmas to October...just for me! Have I ever mentioned how much I love Jesus?

Yes, folks, it's true. For the first 4 months here in Moldova, the only thing I have received in the mail was an empty envelope. It had a nifty electronic gadget in it when it started it's journey, but that got appropriated somewhere along the way before it arrived to me. I was totally care-package bereft!

But in the last two weeks, in response to my newsletter appeal and prompted by Jesus, I have seen an outpouring of paper clips, contruction paper, and hole punchers like I have never seen before! ;-) And with them came so much love and affection that it feels like I've received packages of pure gold. Thank you so much for your love...AND for the various treasures such as:

Dry erase markers in a DOZEN different colors, markers that smell like rasberries and apples, ziplock bags, a DRY ERASE BOARD(!), all sorts of magazines, paperclips, reading books at all different grade levels, totally overprocessed FABULOUS American snack foods (thanks Grandma!), ballet slippers (thanks Mom!), cds/dvds, my favorite shampoo/conditioner, and more pens and pencils than you can shake a stick at.

I'm in teacher heaven! Wahoo!!!

To those of you who are still contemplating sending me packages, by all means still send them! I don't need anymore paperclips (unless I start using them for crafts...), but I can always use more magazines, comfort food, cds/dvds, postcards from anywhere in the world (ESPECIALLY America,) posters of any English speaking country (ESPECIALLY America,) and pictures/letters from you!

To the wonderful person at 127 East Ninth St, Ste 801, please accept my HUGE thanks...and PLEASE tell me who you are! There was no name on the package, only your address.

Jesus bless you all with peace and joy!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi em, would love to send you a care pkg, please send me an address to send it to!! also happy new years, you really sound like you are enjoying yourself!! miss ya!!!

Wed Jan 03, 10:28:00 PM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home